DarkPhear : classic RPG
DarkPhear is a free, open-source, full, old-school style RPG, programmed by Cleber de Mattos Casali.
It was originally released for DOS, back in 2001. Now, thanks to FreeBASIC, DarkPhear is ported to Linux and Windows. This new version brings many improvements, keeping the gameplay pretty much intact.
DarkPhear includes support for mouse, joystick, language selection (Portuguese / English), sprite/pixel-based graphics, pixel scalers, turn based battles, digital sound effects, excellent music composed by Jeremy Eller, and many hours of fun.
Platforms: Linux / Windows
Download size: ~ 35 MB
Installation package for Debian / Ubuntu
- OGG music is included by default;
- BUG FIXED: when leveling and putting points in str, attack doesn't increase until save and reload;
- BUG FIXED: when getting to Vyron all his stats are 0 and he has no name nor does he show up;
- BUG FIXED: shop infinite loop after defeating a boss;
- BUG FIXED: vision spell shows the enemies' hp but on a tiny picture in the top left corner of the screen;
- BUG FIXED: setup screen;
- BUG FIXED: better setup defaults.
- Restored original MIDI music. OGG music is now optional, distributed as a separate music pack.
- Fixed a bug related to wine compatibility and write access.
- A few small fixes.